We are no longer accepting paper applications. If you are interested in a position please APPLY HERE
updated March 14, 2018
- Biology Teacher, NP-MHS. PA Biology Teacher Certificate required. Position to begin immediately
- Learning Support Teacher, 8th & 9th grades at NP-Mansfield High School. PA Special Education Teaching Certificate required
- School Psychologist 187 day position with 20 additional days over the summer paid at per diem. Minimum Base Salary: $47,124 20-Days Per Diem: $5,040
- Elementary Teacher, 4th/5th grade at Blossburg Elementary School – beginning 2018/19 school year
- Part-Time Paraprofessional for 11th & 12th grade Learning Support classroom. Applicants must have a 2-year post-secondary education OR be able to complete a state paraprofessional highly qualified competency program within a specified timeframe (provided by the District).
- Part-Time Paraprofessional K-12th grade NP-Mansfield H.S. & W.L. Miller Elementary Schools. Applicants must have a 2-year post-secondary education OR be able to complete a state paraprofessional highly qualified competency program within a specified timeframe (provided by the District).
- Part-Time Paraprofessional K-6th grade Autism at W.L. Miller Elementary School. Applicants must have a 2-year post-secondary education OR be able to complete a state paraprofessional highly qualified competency program within a specified timeframe (provided by the District).
- Custodian, W.L. Miller Elementary School, full time with benefits.
- Custodian, Liberty Schools, full time with benefits.
- Day-to-Day Substitutes (Nurses, Cafeteria, and Custodians) for all schools
School Psychologist Internship Opportunity
The Southern Tioga School District is offering an opportunity for a paid internship for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Southern Tioga School District is located on the major Route 15 corridor in northcentral Pennsylvania. Our boundaries encompass 485 square miles in southeastern Tioga and northeastern Lycoming Counties. The major population communities within our district include Blossburg, which provides the largest source of employment for district residents through Ward Manufacturing, Inc.; Liberty, with its majestic mountains and rural farmlands; and Mansfield, home of Mansfield University.
STSD and its surrounding areas provide ample opportunity for the outdoor enthusiast including hiking, biking (road, path, or mountain single track), rock climbing, camping, rafting, kayaking, fishing, and hunting. Movie theaters are located in Blossburg and nearby Wellsboro. The Mansfield YMCA provides many community activities including sports, fitness, martial arts, cycling classes, yoga, and Zumba to name but a few. The Deane Center is located in Wellsboro and hosts regular live music or theater events throughout the year.
Professional services and human services are readily available in our immediate area; higher education needs are met through Mansfield University and Pennsylvania College of Technology. Beyond the many services of our own communities, our proximity to the metropolitan areas of Corning and Elmira, New York and Williamsport, Pennsylvania make Southern Tioga School District an ideal location in which to live.
The district is comprised of two junior/high schools (grades 7-12) and three elementary schools (grades K-5).
Interns will have the opportunity to engage in Initial and Reevaluation assessments, CST (Child Study Team) meetings, interventions (academic, behavioral, social, and emotional), IEP writing and implementation process, consultation with teachers, consultation through data collection and analysis though MTSS processes, and will receive continued professional development through formal trainings and weekly psychologist meetings.
In addition, our district houses the following Programs: Primary, Intermediate, and High School Life Skills, Multiple Disability Programs, Autistic Support, Emotional Support, Elementary Level Partial Hospitalization Program, Learning Support, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech/Language Therapy, and Community Based Counseling Services.
Candidates with excellent communication skills and a willingness to be a team member preferred.
Interested individuals should submit the PA Standard Application, academic transcripts, letters of reference, current clearances (all forms can be found belowg) and a letter of interest to:
Sandy Skolny, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Southern Tioga School District Administration Office
310 Morris Street, Blossburg, PA 16912
Please contact Krista Peterson, Director of Special Education, PA Certified School Psychologist, with any questions: 570-638-2183.
Annual Stipend: $15,000
Equal opportunity education institution, as required by Title IX and Title VI of the PA statutes.
Day-to-Day Substitutes needed for all schools
- Paraprofessional (teacher assistant)
To apply for a Teacher, Secretary or Paraprofessional substitute you must apply with Source4Teachers by CLICKING HERE
For more information you may contact:
Sandy Skolny, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, 570-638-2183 ext. 306, firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Education Institution, as required by Title IX and Title VI of the PA Statutes.